Monday, April 2, 2012

Spring Quarter 2012

It is time start another weekly, possibly some what daily blog about an Independent Learning Contract at the Evergreen State College. This quarter I will be doing a contract called Multimedia Web Journalism with Reaz Mahmood and Seth Vincent. I will be learning about how to supplement text stories created by other with multimedia elements, learn how to create an in-depth report as a backpack journalist, along with an analysis of journalism in society and learn about building websites with HTML, CSS, Java Script and other open source materials.

I've been looking forward to this contract for some time now. I have been trying to put together this contract since the previous quarter. It encompasses everything I want to do, multimedia, journalism and web design. All these things apply to what I want to pursue as a career in life.

Picking journalism or a variant of journalism is a nerve racking choice. Some have and will call me crazy because of the down fall of journalism. I see it as an opportunity to be apart of the rise of new journalism and the flow of information. They only call me crazy because this new journalism lacks trust and funding, "if there's a will, there's a way" is what I say to that and now I will be building those blocks to hopefully make some sort of change or at least be apart of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment