Thursday, July 8, 2010

July 8, 2010

Today was a hot day, so naturally it is news. But my first assignment for the day was a call from the photo editor in Tacoma, to go shoot teens at a reading event at the Tumwater library. That was a giant bust. No one showed up so I took pictures of kids reading and other miscellaneous things.

After I left, my next assignment was to get shots of people cooling off in the hot sunny weather. So I headed to to get shots of people playing in the Deschutes river by suggestion of my editor. It was succesful but getting all the names straight was hard, which is my newest lesson, write something identifiable about these people. The problem with that is all guys wearing shorts so they all pretty much look alike. I figured it out. The next frustration was my computer epic failing with multiple blue screens, so I ended up using my touchy laptop. I was furious! But I got the photos in though not as early as I'd like. I want a mac lap top, bad, I'm sick of pc's seriously. Hopefully I can invest in one at some point. Photography is really my life now that's all I want to do so it would be rather important over getting a PC to acquire new equipment. New lenses and a second camera is also on the list. Still a good day but a frightening and stressful with the failures. But my photo and my name is now on the front page and that is what matters to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment